Monday, September 3, 2012

Dear ChocolateChip - 24 Months (Happy Birthday!)


"For me it feels like yesterday, just yesterday to me I looked into your tiny face, your tiny face held me Of course I know all children grow
All children grow of course I know.....
I didn’t know how fast you’d grow"

Somehow, two years have flown by me in the blink of an eye. You have grown so much from the baby that your Papa and I brought home from the hospital. Your personality has grown and bloomed so much that some days we feel like we don't know you at all. 

Someone asked recently what things you are "in to" so that they could buy you a birthday gift and as I wrote out a list, I was surprised at how long and all over the place the list seemed. You love things like "Baby Signing Time" and just about anything musical for that matter, have recently discovered PBS shows like Barney, Sid the Science Kid and Word World, and you do regular costume changes between Buzz Lightyear and Woody of Toy Story and Spiderman. 

You frustrate your Papa and I less than half a much as you make us laugh, so we think those "terrible twos" should be manageable (I guess we'll revisit that theory in 12 months.)

Things I hope to never forget: No favorite colors as you still can't identify them, but you can count in Spanish up to 3 and you make a decent attempt at singing the alphabet. You love Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and the Happy Birthday song, and will spontaneously break out in song throughout the day.  We read together and play together and spend lots of time together and I wouldn't have it any other way. You give the best hugs and kisses but only on your own schedule. Some mornings you want hugs over and over, other times Papa and I can beg for hugs and kisses and you yell "No" and run away laughing. 

With baby number 2 coming soon I'm trying to make sure you get lots of attention and know how much we love you. We try to show you babies and how delicate they are and have practiced with dolls, but we won't know how you'll react until baby arrives. I know you'll be an awesome big brother though since you really seem to care for people in general.

I look forward to the years to come as your mom. I love you baby boy!

Love always, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment